Million Dollar Race Rules
ACCEPTING BIRDS MARCH 1st- JUNE 1st 2018
REPLACEMENT BIRDS UNTIL JUNE 1st 2018
ENTRY FEE IS ONLY $700 PER BIRD
$350 per bird when shipped to race (No exceptions)
$350 due after 100 mile qualifying race.
Make Checks Payable to:
Hoosier Classic One Loft Race
Send birds and checks to:
Hoosier Classic One Loft Race
10258 S 1150 W
Wanatah, IN 46390
- Birds shipped from Africa or Europe, these fanciers are allowed to ship 1 extra bird for every 3 birds shipped – if all their birds are still there by Sept. 8th the $700 USD will be due for the extra bird.
- 100 mile Activation Race will be on Sept 1st 2018 – 125 mile race 4 days later Weather Permitting!
- Races will only be flown in good weather – 100 miles – 125 miles – 150 miles – 180 miles – 220 miles and Final Race 350 Miles – TRYING for a8 hour flight.
- Any birds not fully paid for by, September 1st will be offered for sale for $350. Per bird – Breeder will lose all rights of that fully unpaid bird.
- All Entered birds must compete in the entire race series unless hurt or ill.
- The top 50 winners from the Final race along with the top 3 Ace Pigeons will be auction off on I-Pigeon Breeder will receive 50% of what their bird sells for in the auction, ONLY if a PEDIGREE is given before auction starts. If No Pedigree, Breeder or Owner will forfeit their share of the auction money.
- Prize Money paid out on the 180 mile race and 220 mile race will be paid out In Clocking Order.
- FINAL RACE ONLY! Arrival of the first pigeons together will be considered a drop and paid equally – (if 3 pigeons arrive together – the top 3 prizes will be added together and split evenly among the first 3 pigeons). If one pigeon does not trap that arrived with the first pigeons this pigeon will be considered on the drop until another pigeon arrives. All other prizes will be paid by clocking order.
- The Final Race will be 350 miles ( trying for an 8 hour race, ) race could be shortened or lengthened determined by weather conditions.
- There is no dead time – the clock will keep running until race is finished.
- Race Day is over 1 hour after sunset on the second day from release. If any prizes remain to be paid out, that amount will be shared equally by the birds who returned.
- If two or more pigeons show in the clock as exact ties, prizes will be added up and split equally among the birds that tied.
- If bird does not clock due to piggy back or clock/chip malfunction and Hoosier Classic verifies the bird in the drop it will be placed last in the drop order.
- Ace Pigeons will be verified by the clock, computed on total distance/ total time
- Average Speed which will determine the Ace Pigeon Champion Birds and will include the 150 mile – 180 mile – 220 mile and Final Race!
- All birds will be Vaccinated for PMV – Paratyphoid and pox upon arrival
- A completed IRS W-9 form will be required if you should win over $600. – absolutely no payment will be made without this being done.
- Any unforeseen circumstances will be settled by Jim Ward – in case of a Natural Disaster, Catastrophic event, or influenza outbreak, race would be canceled, birds shipped back on breeders expense along with entry fees.
- Hoosier Classic retains the right to approve or refuse any participant into the race. All decisions will be final!
- Replacement birds up to June 1st 2018
- All international birds that are sent to the Hoosier Classic are owned by the Hoosier Classic – These birds can be entered into the Old Bird races by the breeder for the fee of $150 USD per year they are flown. When or if the Breeder of these birds chooses not to enter them any longer into the Old Bird races, they will be sold on the I-Pigeon auction site with 50% of the selling price going to the Breeder. If it is decided by the breeder not to enter his birds into the old bird series, they will be sold on I-Pigeon auction site with 50% going to the breeder.